Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Leanrning Experience

So, yesterday I had to take my youngest to the doctor for a check up, basically a weigh-in. He is now 6 lbs 6 oz and 20 inches long and the doctor is more than satisfied with his growth. Since I was at the office, and Antoine's doctor is also Riana's doctor I decided to ask her about Riana's recent obnoxious, and unacceptable behavior.

Dr. Frost has known Riana for most if not all of her life and I thought she would be the best one to ask how I can curb this behavior because as Lisa and Jolene have seen it is beyond words.

She gave me a few ideas for rewarding her good behavior, however small and then laughed and gave me a piece of advice. "My dear," she said with a twinkle in her eye, "You need to read a book called Parenting The Spirited Child"

Needless to say I ordered the book at www.amazon.com last night and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Unfortunately I took the cheap way out and went for super saver (free) shipping and will have to wait or week or more for the book - but I can't wait til it gets here........

No comments: