Friday, March 2, 2007

Publish America

I was looking through a message board on www.helium.com today and found a publishing house that doesn't require representation to publish a novel. I checked them out and there is no up front cost to me - the destitute author, so I immediately submitted Mohican Lake to them.

I have had so very many rejections from agents, and had a lot of time wasted by one I was contracted to for a year, that I am hoping that now is my time. The website is www.publishamerica.com and I am hoping that they want to publish the novel for me.

If they do it will be for sale on www.amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com and I can do some self publicitiy and try and get signings booked at book stores around here - as well as submitting press releases to the local papers. If it happens I would even try and have something published up in MA since that is where I am from.

The royalities look good from there too - now, let's just keep our fingers and toes crossed that they like the manuscript and want to publish it for me.

No comments: