Monday, May 7, 2007

Parenting

So, Russell and I have been parents to Riana for almost a year and half now, unofficially and officially for a little over a year - and there are times I realize we were not prepared to be instant parents to a little girl who most likely suffered a lot in her very young years.

She and I butt heads on everything - and really a five year old shouldn't be butting heads with her mother. Talked to the dr. again on Saturday when we were there for Twan's 4 mo check up - and she said that we should get "the explosive child" it's a book. These explosions only happen for me though, so I am thinking there is some kind of a problem.

Now, if I think back she hasn't had any real "mother" figures in her life that I can think of - the time she spent with bio mom couldn't have been quality as I know that her older sister was taking care of her, and she was only ten at the time. Time with the foster parent didn't seem to have a real strong mother figure in the household - and I wonder if she was the victim of favoritism there.

So, possibly my "strong" personality and her need to take care of herself are what is causing the clashes - I am willing to try anything to make it more peaceful here - because before we know it she will be a teenager and there will be no peace at all......

No comments: