Friday, May 4, 2007

Feeling Fulfilled

Just needed to write about this while the feeling is fresh in my mind -

Was just shopping at Wal-Mart (of couse) and was inline waiting to check out when I heard a voice that I knew sounded familiar to me. As I looked up to see the source of the voice the person attached to it looked up at the same time. It was Shante - she was one of our foster daughter's - she was 16 at the time and pregnant.

She only stayed a short time, but while she was here she was part of the family and I admit that I have missed her since we lost contact. She was so happy to see me, as happy as I was. She is living right up the road now and has completed high school and is taking nursing classes.

She told me that we will never know how much of an impact we had on her life - we got her to go back to school and not become a statistic in the system that she was once a cog in.

She is supposed to visit and I feel like there is something good I have done in this world - for her to think so highly of us still after over a year.....

No comments: